Alloy 5052 is a non-heat-treatable 2½% magnesium, 0.25% chromium alloy commonly available in flat rolled coil, sheet and plate form. Like all the 5000-series high magnesium alloys 5052 has a fairly high strength and is hardenable to a significant degree by cold working, enabling a series of “H” tempers.
5052 Alloy can be offered in various tempers, the most commonly used being H32 (¼ Hard) and H34 (½ Hard) – as well as the soft annealed Temper O condition.
5052 Aluminium sheets offer extremely good corrosion resistance in a wide range of atmospheric environments, and is regularly used for food, architectural and marine applications. It has good workability, medium static strength, high fatigue strength, good weldability, and very good corrosion resistance, especially in marine atmospheres. It also has the low density and excellent thermal conductivity common to all aluminium alloys. It is commonly used in sheet, plate and tube form. Typical Applications Architecture, general sheet metal work, heat exchangers..
|Aluminium / Aluminum, Al
||Ultimate MPa (PSI)
||Yield MPa (PSI)
Aluminium 5052 plates are available in a thickness range of 1.0 mm up to 100mm. The general widths of 5052 Aluminum plates are 1000mm, 1250mm, 1500mm, 2000mm while common lengths are 2000mm, 2500 mm and 3000mm respectively. We specialise in offering our customers with custom width and length aluminium 5052 Plates.
Prices for 5052 Plates Starting at Rs. 250/KG, Call or Email Us for Best Prices
Aluminum Products Manufacturing Standards and Data
- ASTM B209: Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Sheet and Plate
- ASTM B210: Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Drawn Seamless Tubes
- ASTM B211: Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Bar, Rod, and Wire
- ASTM B221: Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Extruded Bars, Rods, Wire, Profiles, and Tubes
- ASTM B247: Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Die Forgings, Hand Forgings, and Rolled Ring Forgings
- EN 485-2: Aluminium and aluminium alloys. Sheet, strip and plate. Mechanical properties
- EN 573-3: Aluminium and aluminium alloys. Chemical composition and form of wrought products. Chemical composition and form of products
- EN 586-2: Aluminium and aluminium alloys. Forgings. Mechanical properties and additional property requirements.
- EN 754-2: Aluminium and aluminium alloys. Cold drawn rod/bar and tube. Mechanical properties
- EN 755-2: Aluminium and aluminium alloys. Extruded rod/bar, tube and profiles. Mechanical properties
- Environmental Degradation of Advanced and Traditional Engineering Materials, Lloyd H. Hihara et al., 2014.
- ISO 6361: Wrought Aluminium and Aluminium Alloy Sheets, Strips and Plates