7075 Aluminium plates are most widely used form of industrial aluminium for the aircraft industry. An ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company, Metline Industries (Steel Plates & Coil Division) is one of the most trusted distributor and supplier of Aluminium 7075 aluminium sheets and plates in India and worldwide. All 7075 grade aluminium plates offered by Metline Industries, comply with the technical specifications of International Standards – Indian Standards, ASTM-B-209M, EN485.
Aluminum alloy 7075 is an aluminum alloy, with zinc as the primary alloying element. It is strong, with a strength comparable to many steels, and has good fatigue strength and average machinability, but has less resistance to corrosion than many other Al alloys. Its relatively high cost limits its use to applications where cheaper alloys are not suitable.
7075 aluminum alloy’s composition roughly includes 5.6–6.1% zinc, 2.1–2.5% magnesium, 1.2–1.6% copper, and less than a half percent of silicon, iron, manganese, titanium, chromium, and other metals. It is produced in many tempers, some of which are 7075-0, 7075-T6, 7075-T651.
The T6 temper is usually achieved by homogenizing the cast 7075 at 450 °C for several hours, quenching, and then aging at 120 °C for 24 hours. This yields the peak strength of the 7075 alloy. 7000 series alloys such as 7075 are often used in transport applications, including marine, automotive and aviation, due to their high strength-to-density ratio.
7075 aluminum is an alloy of aluminum, further classified within the AA 7000 series (aluminum-zinc wrought alloy). 7075 is the Aluminum Association (AA) designation for this material. In European standards, it will typically be given as EN AW-7075. A97075 is the UNS number. 2L95 is the British Standard (BS) designation. Additionally, the EN chemical designation is AlZn5,5MgCu.
We are a leading stockholder, processor and supplier of Aluminium Plates, Aluminium Sheets, Plates, Coils, Bars in Product Specifications 1100, 6061, 6082, HE 20, HE 30, 7075 in T6 and T651 Tempers manufactured in accordance with international standards ASTM B209, ASTM-B-209, EN573, and EN485.
- Increased Strength
- Good Corrosion Resistance
- Higher Machinability
- Ease of Welding
Aluminium 7075 plates are available in a thickness range of 20mm up to 100mm. The general widths of 7075 Aluminum plates are 1000mm, 1250mm and 1500mm, while common lengths are 2000mm, 2500 mm and 3000mm respectively.
Prices for 7075 Plates Starting at Rs. 600/KG, Call or Email Us for Prices
Get in Touch With Us, if Looking for 7075 Grade Aluminum Plates!
Aluminum Products Manufacturing Standards and Data
- ASTM B209: Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Sheet and Plate
- ASTM B210: Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Drawn Seamless Tubes
- ASTM B211: Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Bar, Rod, and Wire
- ASTM B221: Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Extruded Bars, Rods, Wire, Profiles, and Tubes
- ASTM B247: Standard Specification for Aluminum and Aluminum-Alloy Die Forgings, Hand Forgings, and Rolled Ring Forgings
- EN 485-2: Aluminium and aluminium alloys. Sheet, strip and plate. Mechanical properties
- EN 573-3: Aluminium and aluminium alloys. Chemical composition and form of wrought products. Chemical composition and form of products
- EN 586-2: Aluminium and aluminium alloys. Forgings. Mechanical properties and additional property requirements.
- EN 754-2: Aluminium and aluminium alloys. Cold drawn rod/bar and tube. Mechanical properties
- EN 755-2: Aluminium and aluminium alloys. Extruded rod/bar, tube and profiles. Mechanical properties
- Environmental Degradation of Advanced and Traditional Engineering Materials, Lloyd H. Hihara et al., 2014.
- ISO 6361: Wrought Aluminium and Aluminium Alloy Sheets, Strips and Plates